Admission of Designing Course 2016-17: Admission will open for MITID Offers Graduate & Post Graduate Diploma Programmes in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Fashion Design, UG Programm & PG Programm from MIT Institute of Design, in session 2016-17.
Contact Details of MIT Institute of Design:- MAEER’s MIT Institute of Design
“Rajbaug”, Loni –Kalbhor, Next to Hadapsar, Pune-412201. INDIA
Phone No: +91-20-30693695 / 96 / 97
Mobile: +91-7038982225 / 26 / 27
Write to us at: admissions[at]mitid.edu.in
MITID Offers Graduate & Post Graduate Diploma Programmes in Industrial Design ↓
• Product Design
• Transportation Design
• Interior Space & Furniture Design
• Retail Design
• User Experience Design (only at PG level)
Communication Design ↓
• Graphic Design
• Animation Film Design
• Film & Video Design
Fashion Design ↓
The Institute offers following programmes in Collaboration with University for the Creative Arts (UK)
• BA (Hons) Fashion Design
• BA (Hons) Fashion promotion & Imaging
• MBA Fashion Management & Marketing
• M.Des Fashion Design
Collaborative Programmes ↓
Undergraduate Programmes (2+2 years)
• BA (Hons) Product Design (In collaboration with Middlesex University UK)
• BA (Hons) Design for Industry (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
• BA (Hons) Transportation Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
• BA (Hons) 3D Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
• BA (Hons) Graphic Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
• BA (Hons) Motion Graphics & Animation (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
• BA (Hons) Computers Arts (In collaboration with Abertay University UK)
• Advance Diploma in Game Development (In collaboration with George Brown College Canada)
Post Graduate Programme (1+1 years)
• Mprof. Games Development (In Collaboration with University of Abertay)
Admission Seat Availability:-
1. Graduate Diploma Programme (GDP) : 175 seats
2. Post Graduate Diploma Programme (PGDP) : 80 seats
3. Fashion Design (BA, MBA, M.Des) : 30 seats (each discipline)
4. Collaborative programmes : 5 seats (per programme)
1. Graduate Diploma & UG Fashion programmes 10+2 from any stream.
2. Post Graduate Diploma & PG Fashion programmes Graduate in any Disciplines 10+2+3 (minimum).
Application forms for the ensuing academic year will be available late November on the website. The candidate has to fill the online application form from the website and submit a dully filled hard copy of the same before the last date along with a demand draft of ₹ 2,500 /- U.S. $ 45 (for foreign students) in favour of “MIT ID PUNE” drawn on Pune, branch as fees for Design Aptitude Test. The incomplete application forms / not satisfying eligibility criteria will be rejected.
The MITID™ Design Aptitude Test (MITID-DAT™) fees ( ₹ 2,500/-) for rejected applications will not be refunded. No official communication will be made regarding rejected application forms.
Application Date:- Last date for submission of application form is 31st January.
The admission process is in two phases :
• MITID-DAT™ Design Aptitude Test conducted at various centers across the country.
• Studio Test and Personal Interview at MITID™ campus in pune.
Design Aptitude Test (DAT) will be conducted on April 2016 (Tentative) between 10 AM to 1 PM at various test centres across India.(Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune) MITID™ reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centres.
Admission is on the basis of MITID™ method of selection, which extends beyond the students previous academic qualifications. The MITID™ Admission Committee systematically seeks evidence of the perception, attitude, aptitude, achievement and motivation essential for a challenging and satisfying design career. The objective of the tests and the interviews is to ascertain the above qualities. Based on scores obtained from MITID-DAT™, shortlisted candidates will be called for second phase.
The second phase of the admission procedure will consist of studio tests followed by personal interviews at Institute in Pune.
The list of shortlisted candidates for the Second Phase will be announced in MITID™ website no separate call letters will be sent to the shortlisted candidates. All those candidates called for the second phase are required to attend the studio tests and interview, which completes the process of selection. The Admission Committee decides the procedures, grades and weightage every year.
The norms for the selection are the sole prerogative of the Admission Committee and the decision of the Admission Committee and the Management in any of the matters concerning the admission process and selection will be final. Any direct or indirect attempt to influence the admission committee or its members, academic office bearers or management will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate(s).
Click > Admission Details